Farm to Fork is a Bon Appétit initiative that reflects our commitment to buying local produce and to sustainable farming practices.
For our cafés, we:
- Purchase seasonal and regional ingredients from local small farmers and artisans within a 150-mile radius of our kitchen
- Prepare and serve produce often within 48 hours of harvest
- Buy directly from farmers who use sustainable farming practices
- Support farmers who do not use pesticides, hormones and antibiotics
- Support farmers who grow heirloom vegetables, rather than genetically modified produce
Bon Appétit chefs start with food that is alive with flavor—like tomatoes grown without pesticides and ripened on the vine. And since we cook everything from scratch, there’s no need for us to use flavor enhancers like MSG or preservatives such as trans fats.
Buying 100% locally is not yet totally practical. But Farm to Fork is an important step that helps people eat well and encourages the well-being of our communities.